Did you know that more sportsmen and women across the globe are giving more attention to CBD oil to assist them in recovering from injuries?
It is interesting also to note that people from diverse walks of life now take CBD oil as part of their health routine daily, especially athletes who use the product more as health supplements, not only to boost their well-being and health but also to promote speedy recovery after every competition and strenuous exercise.
However, you don’t necessarily have to be in a major competition to enjoy the benefits of CBD oil; you can utilize the product even for your daily workout routine, a game of football and tennis, meditation or a game of golf.
What is CBD?
There are as many as 104 chemicals in the cannabis plant that do not have the psychoactive properties of THC, and CBD is just one of them.
CBD has healing properties for most ailments that come with pain and anxiety. These claims make the substance an exciting option for athletes who seek to ease sore muscles during and after every workout, managing stress, and chronic pains.
CBD Oil and Drug Testing for Athletes
For competitive and professional athletes who are made to undergo regular drug testing, CBD is permitted to be used during and after games. It is important to understand that THC is a banned substance, and athletes should always check out the labeling of the product they are getting.
At Farmshopcbd.com, our products are THC free, and you can always see the composition of each product on the labels.
CBD and Inflammation
Workouts can cause minor tears in the body’s tissue and muscle; the process then leads to inflammation, which immediately prompts the body to begin a healing process, so the tissue and muscles can recover and grow stronger.
However, in a situation whereby inflammation is not controlled or monitored, it results in muscle damage, pain, and delays the results form workouts.
The International Journal of Molecular Science reported that CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system can interact with CBD for the treatment of inflammation.
Because of the restorative qualities it has, CBD is becoming a vital supplement in the workout routes for professional athletes.
Benefits of CBD as a Workout Supplement
Medical marijuana has been used for the alleviation of chronic pains.
A study by the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine reports that it is an effective substance in reducing muscle and nerve pain.
However, this is not an option for both amateur and professional athletes as THC happens to be a banned substance. CBD, on the other hand, is an acceptable substitute.
CBD has been regarded as a powerful anti-depressant, anti-nauseant, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, and sleep aid. This is so because CBD naturally binds itself to the body’s endocannabinoid system.
The benefits an athlete can derive from CBD include:
- Relief of Chronic Pain: An athlete will need a speedy recovery from chronic pain. The use of CBD oil can alleviate these pains and offer faster relief to the athlete. It is also beneficial in the relief of pains associated with muscle cramps as well as the pains associated with exercising.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Even after rigorous training and preparations, most athletes are always anxious about the big competition. This can be combated with the use of farmshop’s CBD oil products. Our products are effective in the treatment of depression; they boost your mood and get you prepared for that competition.
- Faster Recovery: Athletes are disposed to injuries during training, which is one of the risks of sports. CBD oils will be a perfect replacement for conventional painkillers.
- Weight Control: One of the biggest challenges of a sportsman or woman is how to provide the body with the best nutrients to help remain fit, and have increased performance. The use of CBD oil can help in balancing the diet and assist the athlete in weight control.
- Boosting the Immune System: After intense preparation for the competition, it will amount to disaster if the athlete falls sick days before the main competition. The use of CBD oil will help in the boosting of one’s immune system so one can stay healthy during training as well as the event.
CBD for your Workout
Professional athletes are not the only set of people that can benefit from the use of CBD during their training; every other individual can also utilize the products during or after workouts.
There are so many ways through which CBD can help in enhancing workouts to achieve maximum success.
Our products at FarmshopCBD have energizing qualities when taken even in small doses. If you want that natural energy boost without the issues associated with caffeine, try taking a little amount of CBD just before you begin the workout.
And if your goal is to develop more muscles, then CBD is also good for you. It aids in balancing homeostasis, which in turn regulates the sugar level in the blood.
When the blood sugar is regulated, production of insulin is lowered, which means that less fat is being stored in the body at that time and when there is less fat storage in the body, during a workout, the body works in an anti-catabolic mode to assist in the production of more muscle.
CBD for Recovery
You get muscle damages when you engage yourself in strenuous workouts. For many people, the effective post-workout routine is to rest for days, eat lots of proteins, and catch enough sleep. While all these may be considered as vital elements, CBD use for recovery may speed up the process.
CBD as an anti-catabolic agent will regulate the amount of cortisol released in the system and boost muscle regeneration while increasing protein synthesis.
How to take CBD Oil for Recovery Routine
CBD oil has been established as an effective tool in muscle recovery as it offers a low-risk option.
Consumption of CBD will depend on the degree of injury and the individual taking the substance. But it is most important to follow the dosage as stated on the labels of farmshopcbd’s products.